Sunday, March 7, 2010

The First Frittata

Slowly crawling back from a week-long cold, I know that this week will be crazy! I spent quarantine in bed watching loads of movies and not eating much other than ramen noodles. Don't get me wrong, ramen is delicious with proper added spices and tons of garlic and a fried egg on top, but I am ready to chew something--Anything!

OK, not everything. But I do want to save money for my trip to NYC at the end of the month (more details later) therefore I want to make meals that will stand in for bought lunches or snacks in the upcoming weeks.

Granny graciously bought a fridge full, well, my 1/3 of the fridge, of food for me earlier this weekend. Andy came over and kept me company in my confinement and laughed when I said I had a ton of food but nothing to eat. He was right in laughing, since I had everything I could think of at my disposal to cook a stellar snack, but I was at a loss for what I wanted to nibble.

Fast forward to tonight, when I had the bright idea to cook my very first frittata. This versatile egg dish is amazing, for it is filling, cheap to make, and is done in about 20 minutes. My frittata has potato lining the edge of the pan, chives, loads of onions and ham. On top, I grated fresh Parmesan and stuck it in the broiler for a moment. I might cut up some avocado to put on top for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment